candidacy n : the campaign of a candidate to be elected [syn: campaigning, candidature, electioneering, political campaign]
- the state, or act of being a candidate
- 1844 Epes Sargent - The Life and Public Services of Henry Clay
- Let it be borne in mind, moreover, that since the period of his last candidacy he has rendered the most memorable services to the country
- 2002 Allan H. Keith - Turbulent Times
- However, this almost certainly happened because of the third party candidacy of former Republican President Theodore Roosevelt
- 1984 Kenneth Meyer Setton - The Papacy and the Levant
- Anyhow, if the opportunity presented itself, Requesens thought that Philip should support the candidacies of Giovanni Ricci, Clemente Dolerá, and Ghislieri, . . .